Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pumpkin Roll

This is my sister-in-law Judy's recipe. My two year old loves the roll by itself with no frosting too. I don't really make into a roll since I always make it crack etc so I just stack it up like a layer cake, make extra frosting and frost the outside too (thanks to Amy for this suggestion since you get extra frosting).

Cake
2/3c pumpkin
3/4c flour
3 eggs
1c sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375. Line a jelly roll pan with wax or parchment paper. Mix ingredients and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into 3 even sections.

Assemble in a stack like a layer cake with frosting (see recipe below).


Frosting
16oz cream cheese, softened
1/2c butter, softened
2c powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Beat together butter and cream cheese, add sugar slowly, add vanilla near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment